Thursday, July 14, 2011

First Official Word - MAMA!

Audrey has said her first official word and I'm thrilled to report that is was Mama! She has been saying "mamama" for months now, but we knew it was just babble. But just within the past week, you can tell she has made the connection that I'm mama. It actually happened a couple of times within the last week, so I think we can call it official now. The first time, I had just put her down on the floor, and she got a little upset and stretched her arms out to me and said "Mama!" The second time, I had just gotten her out of bed in the morning to feed her and just as we were sitting down in the rocker, she said "mmmmama!" like she was really trying hard to get it out! The third time, (this is the last one I'll report, I promise!) was when I was changing her diaper and she looked right at me and said "mama!" It's so rewarding to finally hear that word! Now we need to work on "Dada!" :-)


This was the pose she was in when she said "Mama" for the first time
( in her Beatles onesie - Strawberry Fields Forever!)
 In other news, my sister and her family have officially moved back into town, so it has been fun hanging out with them. Meredith and Gwendolyn really love Audrey and the feeling is definitely mutual! The other day, we were over at Gaga's (they are actually living there until their house is done in August), and Gwendolyn said "baby" and gave her a big hug - so adorable!


Cuddling with Gaga and Meredith
 Today was an unexpected surprise - I got to stay home with Audrey! Gaga was sick, so I stayed home and worked during nap time. She took four naps, so I was able to get in a good half day's work. It was so nice to just hang out with her all day, just the two of us. Just like old times during my maternity leave! I put her in her swing to see how big she was for it (she doesn't really go in there much anymore, but seemed to like it still). Check out the comparison below from week 3 - she's getting to be a big girl! Scott weighed her the other day on our scale and she was about 17 lbs, up from 14 lbs at her 6 month check up. We go back to the doctor for her 9 month visit in August.

3 weeks old

Almost 8 months old


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the BEST feeling ever to hear her say your name?!?! Love the update... she is growing, growing, growing!
    Krista

    ReplyDelete