Monday, October 24, 2011

Anniversary Stay-cation!

So even though our 7th wedding anniversary was last weekend, we celebrated it this weekend with a little stay-cation! This was the first night that Scott and I were both away from Audrey! We went out to dinner at our usual anniversary place, Capital Grille, and then stayed at Hotel Phillips. Audrey stayed with Gaga and Papa. I have to admit, I was sad to leave her, but of course it worked out well. She was in great hands at Gaga and Papa's house and did really well. She slept her usual 12 hours and we were back to get her by noon on Sunday. It was fun to have some one-on-one time with Scott and get out on the town - we don't get to do that very much anymore, so when we do, it's a nice treat!

Sunday was also Scott's birthday, so we went over to his parents' house to have dinner and celebrate with his family. Since Audrey goes to bed at 6:30, we decided to just put her down over there, so she had another overnight away from home Sunday night at Nana and Papa's! It was so weird to be home without her here, it felt very empty and I missed her like crazy! The dogs were also very concerned about her whereabouts - they kept running around the house looking for her. Since I didn't get to see her Monday morning, I was really missing her by the time I got home from work. Luckily I was able to leave a few minutes early today from work, so we got some quality Mama/Audrey time in! Nana and Papa said she did really well, and slept for 13 hours straight! She's our good little sleeper (knock on wood)!

No comments:

Post a Comment