Monday, June 6, 2011

Full-time working mom!

So I've been bad about posting for the past couple of weeks. I'm trying to get back into a routine now that I'm back at work. This week will be my first full-time week at work, so I'm sure it will be a whole new adjustment to being a working mom. I'm not going to lie, it's hard stuff! I'm lucky that I like my job, so that makes things a little easier. But I have a whole new found respect for working moms. I told a friend at work that I'm still trying to figure out how people do both jobs well. She said you never quite figure that out (and her daughter just entered middle school!). So the perfectionist in me is just going to have to accept the fact that some days Audrey might wear her pajamas all day and I might forget the meaning of the term "card back" at work (yes, fellow Hallmarkers, this did happen).

We are slowly getting into a good day to day routine. I get up around 6:00 to get ready before Audrey wakes up at 7:00. Then I feed her and get her ready before I leave at 8:00. I'm SO lucky that I don't have to drop her off anywhere, my mom and Scott's parents have agreed to watch her at our house, so that makes things a lot easier. And on Scott's days off, he's home by 7:30. In the evenings, she is now staying up until at least 6:30 or 7:00, so I try to get home no later that 5:30 which gives me a good hour or so to spend with her. We usually feed her dinner, have a bath, read some books and/or play if she's not too tired and head to bed. So we are slowly but surely figuring things out!

Other new developments this week include more food...this time, sweet potatoes! Who doesn't love sweet potatoes? Audrey definitely loves them! Maybe even more than carrots. Next I'm going to try to make a green vegetable, so that might be another story. She is also closer than ever to sitting up, she can actually do it on her own for a few seconds before losing her balance. And she is very good at standing while holding onto your fingers with her hands - she is getting so strong!

No new pictures this week...I'm a slacker. I told Scott he's going to have to start helping take pictures since he's home with her during the week, so we'll see what he comes up with next week (no pressure, honey!).

1 comment: