Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Big Girl Bed!

Ever since Audrey was born, she has been sleeping in our room in the pack 'n play. All the sleep books I've been reading say that you should put the baby in their own crib around 3-4 months so they can establish a good routine. So yesterday, we decided it was time to move to her crib. This made me a little sad - I enjoy having her close to me so I can hear all her little noises (and check to make sure she is still breathing!). But she did really well! She woke up about the same amount of times that she usually does, so it was a success! I think I even slept a little bit better since I wasn't hearing every noise she makes. She seems to really like her room. She likes looking at the decal on her wall, her mobile and her ceiling fan (why do babies love ceiling fans so much?).

This means we also started using the video monitor. I gotta say, the video monitor creeps me out! It has night-vision, so it makes everything in the room look strangely eerie...like Blair Witch Project...yikes! But it is nice to be able to see what she's doing when we're downstairs. I just need to get over the creepiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment