Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week 12 - Milestones Galore!

We were very excited that the weather has been nicer this week and we took advantage by getting out of the house as much as possible! It was a busy week for us, but more importantly, we've reached a few milestones...
Trying to hold her head up like a big girl!
First, Audrey is now holding her head up! She does get tired after a little while, but she is definitely able to control her head more than ever! She loves sitting up in my lap or up on my shoulder so she can look around and take everything in - she is a very curious little girl! She also has started sucking her fingers. She's been sucking on her hand for a while now (she loves to try to get her entire fist in her mouth, great party trick), but now she has been sucking on her two middle fingers - just like her mommy did when she was little!

Other developments include talking - she is very vocal. And, she turned over from her tummy to her back! It only happened once so it might have been a fluke, but she definitely did it!

Another first this week was our first yoga class together. The yoga studio where I took prenatal yoga also offers mommy/baby yoga classes. It was so much fun! Audrey ended up sleeping through most of the class, but while she was awake she enjoyed meeting all the other babies.

Finally, we had another big first - mommy and daddy's first date night out without the baby! Saturday night was Scott's fire department's Valentine's Day dance. Gaga and Papa came over to babysit and she did very well. I think I did pretty well too - I only called to check in once (and only texted once)!
Ready for date night!
We also had more visitors. My manager from work, Sallie, stopped by with her little girl, Penelope. She is expecting a boy in May, so she will go on maternity leave two weeks after I return to work! I anticipate those being two very busy weeks of catching up! :-)

Penelope, Sallie and Audrey
(and me in the mirror - I'm not very good at taking photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment