Wednesday, April 20, 2011

5 Months Old!

Audrey is 5 months old today! She is just so much fun right now and changing day to day. I just had to share this video...it's Audrey talking to me. Just in the last few days, she has really been talking a lot!



This week, we started letting her "cry it out" before naptime and bedtime. Even though she doesn't wake up during the night, she sometimes has trouble falling asleep on her own. I don't exactly follow what the book I'm reading recommends (Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child recommends cry it out indefinitely at bedtime, and an hour at naptime). If she gets really upset, I go comfort her. Luckily, at naptime, she will usually fuss for 5-15 minutes and then fall asleep.  Last night was really rough for some reason. It took us two hours to get her to go to sleep for the night...that never happens! She was just in a bad mood I guess. But she is definitely getting better at going to sleep on her own.

Another new development this week - the introduction of formula! I'm going back to work in a week and a half, so I thought it would be good to at least get her used to it and she took it like a champ! I'm hoping to continue breastfeeding as long as possible and supplementing with formula, but we'll just have to see how it goes once I'm back at work.

Here are some fun pictures from this week!

Audrey with her two favorite toys...
Sophie and Grumpy the Frog
With the Velveteen Rabit
(finally smiling for the camera!)

Monic came to visit (aka TeeTee MoMo)...
we couldn't get Audrey to keep her eyes open


No comments:

Post a Comment