Monday, April 25, 2011

First word????

Today is the first day of the last week of my maternity leave, so I'm really trying to enjoy every minute I have with Audrey this week. We had a fun day today and she was in a terrific mood. She's always a happy baby but she was especially chipper today.

It started this morning. I had just finished nursing her in her room (usual routine - up by about 7:00, nurse until about 8:00 in her rocking chair). We were cuddling and I said "Mama loves you very much" and she said "Mama." Now she has been saying "mamama" all week, but this time it really seemed like she meant it! Maybe it's just wishful thinking ("the books" say this doesn't happen until closer to 8-9 months), but it sure felt good to hear!

Later in the day, we took a trip to Target. Before we had Audrey, I would take a trip to Target and easily spend $100 on stuff for myself and the house (a fun scarf, toilet cleaner, you name it). Today, I spent $100 and exactly $8 of that was something for myself (and it was something really fun and glamorous - breast pads). Oh how things have changed in the Lee household! The most fun purchase for Audrey was the Bumbo! We received the Bumbo as a shower gift but I returned it thinking there were other things we needed more urgently. Now that she can use this, I decided we had to have it. And she loves it! Money well spent at Target today.

Check me out - sitting up like a big girl!
 Tonight I went to an infant/child CPR class with my mom (Gaga) and Scott's parents (Nana and Papa). They will be watching Audrey when I go back to work (and we are SOOO grateful for that), so I thought it would be good for us all to learn. It was a great class! I know I feel better prepared. It's just nice knowing that you would know what to do if the unthinkable happened.

Finally, one more funny picture I've been meaning to post. Last week, I went to get my hair cut and Scott stayed home with Audrey. As I was walking out of the door, Audrey had a blow out and needed new pants. I asked Scott if he wanted me to get some and he said he would find some. This is what she was wearing when I came home (why can't I figure out how to rotate photos???).

Mixing prints - a bold fashion choice for Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment