Monday, August 1, 2011

First Road Trip!


Our family - Audrey's first wedding!
 Audrey took her first road trip this weekend and she did great! We drove to Hamilton, IL for my cousin Trent's wedding. It's about a 4.5 hour drive, so I was a little worried how she would handle it, but she did really well! We left the house at about 11:30 after her first nap. We only had to stop once for gas, diaper change and a bottle. She even slept for a little more than an hour in the car! The rest of the time, she played with toys and read books. She was a happy girl, as usual!

When we arrived, we got settled in to the hotel and I went to the rehearsal dinner with my parents and sister and her kids (Andy couldn't come because he had to work) while Scott stayed at the hotel so we could get Audrey to bed on time. We got her to bed at the usual time and she slept through the night until after 7:00 - success! The next day, the wedding was at 11:00, so she was able to nap before we left, so she was very happy during the ceremony. It was a really beautiful wedding. Trent and Carla were one of the happiest, most adorable couples I've seen on their wedding day - they were positively giddy and glowing! They had a lunch reception after the ceremony and Audrey even stayed through most of that before Scott had to take her back to the hotel for a long overdue nap. Then Scott was stuck in the hotel again that night while I went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner - Daddy was a huge help as usual! So all in all, it was a great weekend - I think we have a traveler on our hands!


The happy couple Trent & Carla -
they should probably be in Hawaii by now!
One thing I noticed as I was downloading all of the pictures I took was that it is really hard to get a good photo where everyone looks good. Either Audrey is smiling and everyone else isn't, or vice versa. Maybe I'm a just terrible photographer..Thought I would post some outtakes of Audrey with Gaga and Papa...I couldn't manage to get one good one! :-(

Gaga & Papa look good, Audrey's looking away

Everyone say "Surprise!"

Audrey's happy, but what's Gaga doing?













Daddy & Audrey - all dressed up!

Meredith was a flower girl and she loved every minute of it!
Getting Papa's nose!


Aunt Mandy and Gwendolyn -
she usually doesn't sit still long enough to be photographed!

A rare photo of Mama & Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment