Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Audrey's Final Christmas Celebrations

We wrapped up the holidays this year with a visit from my sister Mandy and her family - husband Andy and daughters Meredith (5 yrs.) and Gwendolyn (11 months). They live in Biloxi, MS, but next summer they are moving back to KC! Audrey is so excited to have her cousins in town - I'm sure they will be BFFs! This was the first time Audrey met them, so it was very exciting! We celebrated Christmas, Meredith's birthday and just hung out. As you can see, Audrey loves her cousins!

The cousins - Gwendolyn, Meredith and Audrey

Four generations! Audrey and me with Gaga, Gigi, Gwendolyn, Mandy and Meredith
I can't believe that Audrey is six weeks now! She is getting so big and smiling now. She gets really excited when Daddy comes home from work - she always greets him with a big smile! We've also been getting out of the house more which has been nice for mommy and Audrey. We took another trip to Oak Park with Gaga, went to Costco with Daddy and even went out to dinner for the first time with my family. She slept the whole time.
Audrey in one of her new Christmas outfits
Speaking of sleeping, we are hoping that Audrey will sleep through the night soon. She has been pretty good about sleeping longer stretches at night (about 3 hours at a time). But last night, she slept for FOUR straight hours! I know it might not sound like a lot, but that was the longest stretch of sleep I've had in six weeks! It was heaven. And if you know me, you know that I love my sleep. Before Audrey arrived, I would sleep at least 8 hours every night and about 10 hours on the weekends when I could (that was true even before pregnancy!). That has probably been the hardest part of having a new baby for me - sleep deprivation! I've been reading all kinds of "sleep training" books, but I think a lot of it is just luck. If anyone has good sleep training advice, I'd love to hear it!

So peaceful...let's do more of this at night!


No comments:

Post a Comment