Saturday, January 15, 2011

Week 8 - Snowed in!

Audrey is now 8 weeks! I'm sort of struggling with when to count her in months...does it fall on the 8 week mark or will it fall on the 20th of the month since she was born on November 20th? Anyway, we had kind of a rough week. Since we got about 6 inches of snow and the weather was so cold, we didn't get out much this week which makes for a stir-crazy mom! Luckily, Scott was off work for a good chunk of the time, so we got to hang out as a family. We took another trip to Costco (love that place - am still amazed at how fast we go through a case of baby wipes!) and we had our first dinner out as a family at our favorite Mexican place - Salty Iguana! I had my first margarita since last February - so yummy!

She also must be going through a growth spurt because she is eating about every two hours during the day and not napping much. She seems to sleep better at night and usually has about a 4-5 hour stretch and then another 3-4 hour stretch and then if I'm lucky, another 3 hour stretch. I'm constantly reading the sleep training books (as previously mentioned), but still a little fuzzy on the best techniques. I'm hoping she will fall into a pattern soon, they say it should happen more around 3-4 months, so we'll see!

Story time with Daddy!
 We have our 2 month doctor's appointment this Friday, so I will post again with her latest stats! She is continuing to give us big smiles and I think we are close to laughing. She is also starting to enjoy having books read to her, which is fun! She is also starting to "talk" more - we are figuring out "ooooo's" and "ahhhh's". She is a very happy baby, we are lucky! She makes the cutest facial expressions now, I tried to capture some the other day when she was in her bouncy seat...

Pouty face!



Happy baby! Talking to the fish on her bouncy seat.

Skeptical...


The tongue - I think Daddy taught her this...


No comments:

Post a Comment