Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mom-nesia!

It's official - I've lost my mind. The books tell you about how you might have "baby brain" once the baby arrives, and man they weren't kidding! I can't remember anything! For example, the other day when we were going to Costco, Scott asked me to bring the reusable grocery bags and I didn't make it to the car with them. I put them down to put on my shoes and forgot to pick them up.

But today was the last straw...I got lost on my way home from the grocery store! This was the third time in the past two weeks that I've gotten lost while driving. I've lived in Kansas City all of my life, so there is NO reason I should be getting lost! When I say getting lost, it usually means I've missed the turn I was supposed to take and either have to turn around or go extremely out of my way to get home. Once I realize what has happened, I can usually find my way. Maybe I should use my GPS more...that way the lady will tell me when to turn!

The first time I got lost was when I drove to Leavenworth (as referenced in a previous posting), the second time was on my way home from meeting my friend Stacy in Lee's Summit...I took I-435 the wrong way and had to drive through downtown to get home (about 30 minutes out of my way). But today really took the cake. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home from the gym and missed my turn on the way home. This time it was only about a 10 minute detour, but really? In my own neighborhood? I think Scott is starting to worry about me...

No comments:

Post a Comment