Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RIP Easter Bunny...:-(

Yesterday turned out to be a rather challenging day...and it wasn't even because of sweet Audrey! It was the other children...the furry ones! It all started in the morning...

Audrey got up as usual around 7:00 to eat. I let the dogs outside around 8:00 as usual. After about 30 minutes, Brody came in but Oscar wouldn't. It looked like he was chasing something he saw in the bushes in the backyard. Luckily, Audrey went down for a nap around 9:30 which allowed me to put on my boots and go outside to investigate (in my snowflake pajama pants - I'm sure the neighbors had a good laugh at my expense). Right as I got outside, Oscar emerged from the bushes with a small animal in his mouth! I yelled at him to drop it and he did (it was yelping and twitching!), so I grabbed him and took him inside for a bath. I then called Scott frantic (he of course was at work and missed the whole thing!). He then tells me I'm going to have to get a shovel and toss the critter over the fence so the dogs can't get it. I tell him it looked like a mole - small and gray. I go back outside, shivering with anger and disgust and discover that it is a helpless little baby bunny! So sad! Luckily it had died and was not in misery anymore. So now every time that Oscar goes outside, he is hunting for new prey. Cold blooded!

Another unfortunate development at the Lee house - our first cold! I noticed it coming on yesterday, and now Audrey appears to have it as well. Luckily, she still slept through the night last night, but she has been sneezing and coughing a lot! It doesn't seem to be a bad one, so hopefully we will both get over it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment