Sunday, May 22, 2011

6 Months Old!

Audrey is 6 months today! She is just such a happy baby and changing day to day...I understand now when parents say " they grow up too fast!" I'm already wishing she would just stay like she is right now...she's at a really fun stage! It's amazing to watch her...you can tell she is just soaking everything in and learning so much right now. She is very vocal...she likes to scream as loud as she can...she thinks it's hilarious. Plus she is still babbling a lot. Today Scott and I were trying to figure out if she recognized any words and I think she knows her name. She also looked at Daddy when I said "where's Daddy?" She did the same thing when asked "Where are your doggies?" and "Where's Mama?" What a smart little girl! She is rolling over all the time now, she thinks it's a pretty cool trick. The catch is that she can't roll from her tummy to her back yet, so once she is on her tummy too long, she gets fussy and angry. She's not quite sitting up on her own yet, but I think she's close.

This week we had our first visit with Parents as Teachers. We met with Kathy on Thursday and she said Audrey looked like she was right on track with everything and was even a little ahead in her verbal skills! She gave us some fun new activities to try, like playing with a big bowl. She tries to hold the sides and can sit up on her own for short periods before toppling over.

Another fun first...food! We tried giving her carrots today and I think she liked them (not at first of course)! I made them myself and I thought they tasted pretty good! (The video is really long, but you just need to see about the first 30 seconds to a minute to see her first taste.)

We also had some 6 month photos taken today. Scott's coworker, Jeremy, did them for us and he did an amazing job! Audrey was such a good sport the entire time. We had three outfit changes and she didn't fuss once! Below is a link to the photos. The password is scotty.
http://www.jbennettsphotography.com/Children/A-Lee/17178838_wVv3ZG

We have our 6 month doctor's visit on Tuesday, so I'll post her official stats then! Can't wait to see how much she's grown...

No comments:

Post a Comment