Monday, May 2, 2011

Back to Work

Today was my first day back at work and it went better than I thought it would. I had a minor meltdown Sunday afternoon and got it out of my system and was happy that I didn't cry once all day today! I got up early to get ready before Audrey woke up and it worked out perfectly. I got to spend about an hour with her this morning before I left. It was great to see everyone at work and it was an easy day. Just got caught up with everyone, had lunch with the gals and cut out a bit early to rush home to see Audrey before bed. I was very disappointed to get home and discover she was sleeping! Scott put her down around 4:30 and assured me she would be waking up any minute. It's now 8:30. I think it's safe to say she's out for the night. I really hope she starts going to bed later than 4:30 or I'm never going to get to see her! :-( Glad I'm working part time this month, so I'll get to spend all day tomorrow with her!

Scott said the day went really well (this was his first time staying with her all day long). They played and she took her usual 4 naps. He sent me updates and photos throughout the day so I knew what she was doing. He even got her to laugh again! She has giggled a few times for me, but he said today she really laughed. She sneezed and he said "God bless you" in a funny voice and apparently she thought it was hilarious. She also had her first frontal poop blowout! He said it was so bad that he had to give her a bath (only the second bath he has ever given her)! And he even had dinner ready when I got home from work - what a super dad! It's so reassuring to know that while I'm at work Audrey is home spending quality time with Daddy.

Since last week was kind of crazy, I didn't get a chance to post anything about what we did, so here are a few highlights from last week.

The big event this week was eating! We gave Audrey rice cereal on Tuesday. Her first reaction was "yuck!" but then she got used to it and seemed to like it. I don't think she actually swallowed much, but it was fun to grab the spoon. When I tried again on Wednesday, she started chewing on the spoon and blowing bubbles and talking with the spoon in her mouth. Pretty cute (it's kind of long and Scott got too many shots of the dogs, but you have to see her first reaction - priceless!).


Another fun discovery this week - her feet! She has kind of been looking at them and playing with them for a week or two now. But this week, she figured out how to pull her sock off and chew on it - yummy! She also likes those footie pajamas that have animals on the feet - fun to look at and stick in your mouth!

One more tug and...GOT IT!


She is also testing her independence. We've been giving her more bottles in preparation for my return to work. The other day, she grabbed the bottle while I was feeding her and held it herself - what a big girl!

Finally, we also tried out baby sunglasses this week. Whenever we go on a walk, she is really bothered by the bright sunlight, so I got her some cool shades at Target. At first, she didn't like them, but once we got out in the sun and she realized their purpose, she loved them! (forgot to get a picture of this, will post one later!)

1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable video!! Welcome back to Hallmark, we missed you!

    ReplyDelete