Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Big Day!

Today was a big day for the Lee's...Audrey and I had our first of many mommy/daughter shopping trips! This was our first outing just the two of us, so it was a big deal. We went to meet some other new mommies from Hallmark at the Nordstrom Cafe - ahh, Audrey's first trip to Nordy's...she loved it! We actually did pretty well for our first outing. A few key learnings for mommy:
  • Our stroller is HEAVY! I had no idea! I hadn't lifted it before and I almost couldn't get it in and out of the car. I do love the stroller (It's the Jeep Liberty all-terrain), but man is it heavy! Note to self - get back to the gym and work on upper body strength.
  • Bring a change of clothes at all times! Our friend Henry had a little blow out at the lunch table, which reminded me that this can happen at any time (we've had a few blow outs in our jammies at home!)!
  • Bring a hat! We arrived in Audrey's adorable pink snowsuit. By the time I got it off, she fell asleep and I didn't want to risk waking her up to put it back on, so I just had to cover her with a blanket. I think she was fine, but I was worried that she was going to freeze to death!
So we had lunch with Theresa and her daughter Katelyn, Laura and her son Henry and Rebecca and her son Lawson. Later, we met up with Morgan and her son Shaw. It was so great so see other moms and trade stories about motherhood. I had a lot of questions for them - they have been at this a few months longer than I have, so they had a lot of wisdom to share.

We were able to nurse in the mother's room at Nordstrom (I think I will be back there soon - makes shopping a lot easy when you have a full, happy baby). That bought us enough time to hit a few stores before heading home for another meal.

Later that night, we experienced another first - baby's first projectile vomit! I had heard about this happening, but you just can't imagine what it's like until you're covered in it. I think Audrey was just too hungry and ate a little too fast because I picked her up to burp her and the next thing I know, I'm literally covered from neck to knee in baby puke. Luckily Scott was there to witness (otherwise he wouldn't have believed me) and help. I asked him to please take the baby so I can change clothes and clean up the couch and he said "no, I'm afraid of her!" Why is mom the one that always gets to have all the fun? After I convinced Scott that there was nothing left in her stomach, he took her and changed her clothes while I changed my outfit and cleaned the couch. Oh the joys of motherhood! :-) Needless to say, we were both pretty tired after today!

No comments:

Post a Comment